How to Apply for NCA Grants in 2023
See this year’s funding opportunities below, plus required attachment forms, technical assistance info, and more.
This year’s grant RFPs and applications
National Children’s Alliance (NCA), under a cooperative agreement with the United States Department of Justice, Office of Juvenile Justice and Delinquency Prevention (OJJDP), is posting the following solicitations:
RFP for National Sub-Award Program to Expand Children’s Advocacy Centers in American Indian and Alaska Native Communities (AI/AN)
This grant category is aimed at expanding Children’s Advocacy Center (CAC) services to American Indian and Alaska Native children and families.
AI/AN 2023 Budget Proposal Workbook
RFP for National Subgrant Program (NSP)
This large grant category includes mostly funding for expanding services in developing CACs, maintaining the provision of core services at CACs which experienced financial setbacks, supporting CACs at meeting the new accreditation standards, developing teleservices and providing medical/forensic interviewing equipment. To submit your application online, please review the RFP thoroughly before beginning your proposal. The application link is included in the RFP at the button below.
RFP for Domestic Trafficking Victims Fund (DTVF)
This grant category aims to help CACs provide services to victims of child abuse images and trafficking, and to train MDT members on providing services to these children. To submit your application online, please review the RFP thoroughly before beginning your proposal. The application link is included in the RFP at the button below.
RFP for Military-CAC Partnership Grants
This grant category helps CACs establish partnerships with military installations and provide services to military families. To submit your application online, please review the RFP thoroughly before beginning your proposal. The application link is included in the RFP at the button below.
Required Application Attachment Templates and Forms
The materials below must be completed and attached with your application.
Budget Narrative Template for CACs
- Grant Proposal Budget Template (for all grants except Equipment Support and AI/AN)
How to use the budget template (examples)
Technical Assistance Materials
The materials below are provided to help you build a strong case for funding through these RFP opportunities.
General application information
- How to use NCA’s Online Grant Application System (NOTE: The link to apply is available only within the RFP documents above. Please open the document and read through it carefully before accessing the grant application system.)
- 2023 Grant Types FAQ
- Pre-Award Checklist (Reference only)
- Special Conditions for 2022 OJJDP Awards (pending update for 2023)
- Allowable/Unallowable Costs
Information on the National Standards for Accreditation
CAC Accreditation Resources
NCA Learning Center Resources
Information on applying to improve mental health services
- AF-CBT: Overview
- AF-CBT: A Brief Description
- AF-CBT: Training Model
- What is CFTSI?
- Evidence Based Mental Health Treatments Contact Information
- Problematic Sexual Behavior – Cognitive-Behavioral Therapy (PSB-CBT) Training and Technical Assistance Program
- Mini-Training Videos on PSB-CBT, TF-CBT, AF-CBT and CFTSI