ABOUT THE ORGANIZATIONNational Children’s Alliance (NCA) is the national association and accrediting body for Children’s Advocacy Centers (CACs). Formed in 1988, NCA has been providing support, technical assistance, and quality assurance for CACs, while serving as a voice for abused children for more than 25 years. POSITION SUMMARYThe Accountant position is responsible for reviewing and coding all American Express receipts in accounts payable and all accounts receivable invoices for membership, accreditation, NCAtrak and miscellaneous reimbursements. Code and post all cash receipts from online payment processers and review information for accuracy; and maintain accounting records. Maintain online timesheet system and process payroll bi-monthly. Update data for the Transparency Act and analyze risk assessments for sub awardees. Work is performed by applying knowledge of accounting terminology and using spreadsheets and/or automated accounting systems. This position reports to the CFO and Accounting department staff to ensure that financial records, files and ledgers are accurate. An understanding of GAAP accounting principles and information technology is an important skillset for this position. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Prepare accounts receivable invoices and take necessary steps to obtain prompt payment.
- Monitor accounts receivable collections and prepare aging reports for department heads.
- Post ACH deposits from outside sources (PayPal, other credit card processing systems) and provide monthly reports to CFO and ED for review
- Reconcile, post, and manage all company credit cards, which include ensuring expense compliance with internal financial reporting guideline and obtaining all the receipts.
- Manage online electronic time card system.
- Process payroll bi-monthly and maintain all records in the third party payroll provider system (i.e. setup new employees, state tax setup, terminations, deductions)
- Annual transparency Act reporting
- Risk assessment of sub awardees
- Salary deferral plans reporting
- Assist CFO with audit preparation
- Assist with monthly closing of the financials, monthly management reports and other supplemental information
- Update and maintain accounting records as assigned
- Assist accounting department with related work as assigned
- Provide backup support for Accounting Assistant when that person is away from the office
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED
- Bachelor’s degree or minimum 5 years’ similar Accounting experience
- Demonstrated experience working in nonprofit accrual accounting
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Demonstrated understanding of basic accounting principles
- Positive and solution-focused with demonstrated problem-solving skills
- Excellent organization skills
- Great attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task
WORK ENVIORNMENT/PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
- Role is primarily sedentary
- May require lifting of up to 20 lbs.
TO APPLY Please refer to the following instructions:
- Please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- When submitting your application via email, please title the subject line “NCA Accountant Position”
- Please title all attachments using the following format: “last name, first initial_ document name NCA” (ex. Doe, J_Resume NCA or Doe, J_Cover Letter NCA)
No phone calls, please