Case Coordinator Job Opening
Mission Kids Child Advocacy Center coordinates a team approach to child abuse investigations in Montgomery County, PA. The team members consist of Local Law Enforcement, Child Protective Services, County Detectives, and a Prosecutor. Through this team response, Mission Kids provides neutral, fact-finding forensic interviews. The Case Coordinator plays a crucial role in this coordinated response to allegations of child abuse. Case Coordinator Job DescriptionResponsibilities
- Coordinates and schedules appointments in a timely manner for all forensic interviews that are mutually convenient for child clients, their caregivers, the assigned child protective services caseworker, law enforcement and any other relevant professionals.
- Completes accurate intakes for children alleging physical or sexual abuse and their families, gathering as much detail as possible in advance of the child’s scheduled interview.
- Educates partner agency professionals about intake procedures and policies, identifying opportunities to improve the quality and efficiency of intake services.
- Greets and answers any questions caregivers may have about Mission Kids.Provides directions and will address any immediate barriers to the client’s ability to be present for and participate in their scheduled interview.
- Coordinates monthlycase review meetings, which includes scheduling and inviting members of the MDT to participate in case review and entering the gathered information into the case tracking system once the meeting is concluded.
- Supervises children in the waiting area as needed who may have special needs or who may require close monitoring, emotional comfort, etc.
- Oversees the storage, maintenance and distribution of confidential client records.
- Fields questions from the public, provides information and referral on child abuse and neglect as well as agency programs and services.
- Provides administrative support and other tasks as assigned by the Executive and Associate Directors, and Program Manager.
- Receptionist/ administrative duties including but not limited to:
- Answers phones, greets visitors, provide information to callers;
- Collects and posts mail daily;
- Logs, copies, scans, uploads incoming checks; sendsacknowledgements;
- Photocopies, collates, staples, formats documents etc. as needed;
- Maintains/orders office supplies on a routine basis;
- Maintains cleanliness and organization of the lobby/reception area;
- Guides volunteers and interns to miscellaneous office tasks as needed;
- Provides support for volunteers working on special projects as needed;
- Contacts and schedules contractors, maintenance workers and vendors whose services are required at Mission Kids.
- Minimum Associate’s Degree, Bachelor’s degree preferred, plus 1-2 years of work experience.
- Excellent computer, data entry, public relations and organizational skills.
- Excellent time management and multi-tasking skills.
- Excellent communication skills, written and oral.
- An upbeat, positive attitude and sense of humor.
- Must work well in a team atmosphere.
- Must pass FBI and Childline clearances.
- Bilingual candidates encouraged to apply!
HoursFull-time Monday- Friday8:30am- 4:30 pm, with occasional after hours coverage on an emergency basis Application Instructions:Please email your cover letter, detailing how you are the best fit for this position, resume and salary requirements to Abbie Newman at firstname.lastname@example.org. Include in the subject line CASE COORDINATOR POSTION. Mission Kids is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring practices.