Administrative Assistant and Office Manager
Reporting directly to the Deputy Director, the Administrative Assistant will provide senior management support, and assume responsibility for performing a variety of administrative duties. The position requires multifaceted assistance with daily schedules, and office management duties, including the oversight of contractors and vendors.
The ideal individual will have the flexibility to quickly adapt to changing work priorities, is attentive to detail, and enjoyable to work with. In addition, excellent written and verbal communication skills are essential. We are seeking an individual who effectively manages their time and possesses strong organizational skills. This position works cooperatively with all NCA personnel.
- Answers phone calls, welcomes guest and directs all to appropriate contact(s)
- Assists in scheduling and maintaining meetings, including meeting setups. Takes meeting minutes when necessary.
- Compiles mail, drafts correspondence, and reports, proofreads and retains documents per organization procedure.
- All Office Management duties including: procurement, coordination and oversight of office suppliers, service providers and utilities, reception and dissemination of mail. Also manages central office voicemail system.
- Coordinate internal customer service for office systems such as telecommunications and IT, etc.
- Ensures webinar conference call and recordings are set up properly.
- Oversee Janitorial contract
- Reconciliation of expense reimbursements, credit card purchase, and other light finance tasks necessary for supporting the Deputy Director and office management.
- Works with multiple computer programs, including Microsoft Office and various data processing software.
- Creates electronic forms, Excel formula-based forms, PDF-writable documents, merged documents, etc.
- Prepares presentation materials, including tables, charts and reports in PowerPoint, as well as documents in Publisher.
- Helps plans and manage internal events and meetings, i.e. retreats/planning days, staff lunches, etc.
- Performs data entry and exports from various software programs.
- Other duties as assigned by the Deputy Director.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Bachelor’s Degree with minimum two (2) years’ administrative experience OR High School diploma with minimum five (5) years’ administrative experience
- Excellent computer skills (including experience with Microsoft Office applications and Adobe Professional). Ability to work efficiently with Microsoft Excel spreadsheets, and create reports and pivot tables
- Experience with online application software programs such as GIFTS online, Fluidware, etc., preferred
- Experience working with email communications platforms such as Constant Contact, My Emma etc.
- Effective writing and communication skills, applicable to mass correspondence on behalf of a membership and grantor organization
- Proven ability to handle confidential information with discretion, be adaptable to various competing demands, and demonstrate the highest level of customer/client service and response; Experience working with contractors and vendors
- Highly resourceful team-player
- Professional and courteous phone manners
- Strong multitasking and detail-orientated skills
Ability to work independently while seeking appropriate guidance and feedback from the supervisor when necessary