Bilingual Family Advocate
Williamson County Children’s Advocacy Center POSITION: Bilingual Family Advocate SUPERVISOR: Program Manager STATUS: Full Time / Salary / Exempt FUNCTION: Under the supervision of the Program Director, the Family Advocate serves as the liaison between the Children’s Advocacy Center and the victim or family. PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist families during the interview process, providing education on the investigation process and WCCAC mental health services, in addition to providing general reassurance and support to the victim and family.
- Provide the family with referrals to other needed social services.
- Provide oversight and assistance to Program Manager with the development and maintenance of the Family Advocacy Department.
- Provide crisis intervention services and coordinate immediate assistance as needed.
- Conduct sensitive and thorough interviews with children who are alleged victims of abuse and/or neglect, using established protocols and procedures.
- Maintain a resource referral list for local community services to be made available to families and the Child Protection Team (CPT).
- Maintain records and submit timely, accurate statistical reporting as needed.
- Participate in the CPT meetings and provide information regarding the family.
- Provide support to counseling staff with phone calls to clients.
- Attend trainings as required and agreed upon by Family Advocate and Program Manager.
- Maintain confidentiality requirements regarding all client information.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Provide forensic interviewing services, as needed.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:Education, Training, and Experience: Any combination of education, training, and experience which demonstrates ability to perform the duties as described; a typical qualifying background would include a Bachelors degree in social work or related field from an accredited university; experience working with families in a school setting or social service agency.Knowledge of: Available community resources and services; social services concepts and principles; crisis intervention techniques; principles of child development and early childhood education; child abuse issues and dynamics; proper telephone etiquette and techniques; standard record-keeping systems; applicable state and federal codes, laws, and regulations; standard software applications.Skill and Ability to: Interact and communicate effectively with children and adults from different cultural and socioeconomic backgrounds; work independently with minimal supervision; communicate effectively in oral and written form; operate a computer and use standard software applications; react with flexibility and sensitivity to changing situations and needs; organize and prioritize work; effectively carry out written and oral instructions; maintain cooperative work relationships; ability to stay flexible and positive in a non-profit setting.Must have reliable transportation, and possess a current Texas Driver’s License or State issued ID.Must have ability to pass a criminal history, background, and CPS registry check.Bilingual (Spanish/English) abilities are required.Physical RequirementsMust be mobile and able to bend, stoop, reach, and moderately lift (up to 30 pounds).Must be able to sit at a workstation and/or a computer screen for up to 2 hours at a time.Will occasionally be exposed to seasonal weather conditions.This is a full time position. Occasional weekends and afterhours may be necessary for emergency interviews or for fundraising activities. We provide 24/7/365 day emergency coverage to law enforcement and CPS for child interviews.WCCAC is an Equal Opportunity employer. Personnel are chosen on the basis of ability without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, marital status, or sexual orientation, in accordance with federal and state law. To apply, please send to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- cover letter with salary requirements and history,
- 2 letters of recommendation.
This is a grant funded position that is projected to be ongoing.Excellent benefits * No relocation assistance available