Crisis Counselor/Victim Advocate
CARE House of Oakland County44765 Woodward Ave.Pontiac, MI 48341Job Description Position: Crisis CounselorDepartment: InterventionSupervisor: Director of Intervention Responsibilities:
- Provide crisis counseling on an individual basis to victims and/or their families.
- Provide information and community referrals to families.Assist families of victims with completing Crime Victims Compensation forms.
- Promote support groups by providing information to all non-offending caregivers whose children are interviewed at CARE House.
- Provide follow-up crisis counseling with non-offending caregivers.
- Provide outreach to community based therapists to inform other professionals of the program.
- Coordinate multi-disciplinary team meetings with law enforcement Children’s Protective Services, Oakland County Prosecutor’s Office, and CARE House staff.
- Complete all mandatory case documentation and maintain confidentiality of all case information.
- Attend conferences, seminars, meetings, etc. for the purpose of collaboration and training with other organizations and continuing education on the topic of sexual abuse and victim services.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
Education Required: Bachelor’s degree in social work or related field; master’s degree in social work or related field is preferred. Experience Required: Six months of experience conducting one on one counseling sessions. Must have knowledge regarding the dynamics of child sexual and physical abuse, crisis management skills, and ability to function within a multi-disciplinary team. Other Requirements: Must have a valid driver’s license, reliable transportation, and proof of automobile insurance. Minimal travel to area hospitals, court, training locations, and special events.