Project Harmony exists to provide effective, immediate and sensitive support to child abuse victims and their non-offending family members. Project Harmony is committed to a vision with a focus on one goal: ending the cycle of child abuse and neglect. Project Harmony is one of the largest Child Advocacy Centers in the nation.
At Project Harmony, we are committed to building a team of dedicated, compassionate professionals who are supportive of our culture:
We are all Project Harmony: Project Harmony exists because of the unique collaboration of community partners, dedicated to ending child abuse and neglect. Our strength lies in our people, their ideas, their differences, their diverse talents and perspectives.
We bring our best everyday: Project Harmony consists of experts, problem solvers and visionaries dedicated to promoting creativity and innovation. We demonstrate personal integrity and maintain a high standard of ethical behavior. Project Harmony is dedicated to fostering a learning environment where all members of the collaborative process can flourish.
When it comes to children, we don’t compromise: Children come first in all that we do. Project Harmony provides a safe place where children have the courage to use their voices – a place where healing begins. Because of Project Harmony’s coordination of care, children entering Project Harmony go from crisis to courage. Our vision reimagines the system to make it work best for all involved, especially the child.
If you are looking for a place where you can make a difference in the life of a child, Project Harmony is looking for you. We are seeking an experienced and committed Development Specialist to join our dynamic and innovative organization. This position will assist in planning, directing and coordinating Project Harmony’s events and campaigns along with specific duties/events assigned to the Development Office.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work with the Director of Development to plan, develop and execute fundraising strategies for Project Harmony (e.g., Annual Report, Annual Fund Drive, Speaking of Children, Annual Golf Tournament, Halfway to St. Patrick’s Day and any additional third party events).
- Maintain the donor database (Raiser’s Edge) to ensure proper accounting of gifts and recognition.
- Provide writing, editing and graphic design services for the development of website, marketing and fundraising materials and documents.
- Provide tours, plan special events and educate potential donors and volunteers.
- Prepare and deliver well-written, organized, persuasive presentations at special speaking events representing Project Harmony.
- Cultivate, secure, recognize and steward donors, event participants, sponsors, gift-in-kind donors, community organizations and development-focused volunteers.
- Support volunteers, schools and staff in preparation for the Annual Art Show.
- Assist in the grant writing process.
- Assist with meetings and events (e.g., set-up/clean-up, agendas, minutes, registrations, budgets, etc.).
- Create and generate various reports and lists as needed.
- Produce and manage specialized mailing lists.
- Maintain guest lists, gather and prepare registration materials and other duties as assigned for fundraising events.
- Assist with Project Harmony’s Service League.
- Assist with coordination of agency volunteers.
- Assist in assigned project-based work.
- Assist with website updates and website development relating to fundraising.
- Participate in designated program and agency-related meetings on a weekly, monthly or quarterly basis.
- Keep current on fundraising best practices to ensure efficiency and effectiveness are maximized throughout the organization.
- Order office supplies and organize work room.
- Other duties as assigned by Director of Development and Executive Director.
Education and Training:
Bachelor’s degree in Communications, English, Marketing or related field required.
Required Knowledge and Skills:
- Excellent communications skills (written, verbal and active listening).
- Strong knowledge and use of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Adobe Creative Suite and preferably Raiser’s Edge.
- Knowledge of the philanthropic sector within the community.
- Ability to build relationships and work collaboratively with co-workers, business partners, donors, volunteers, etc.
- Must be a self-starter and able to work independently as well as part of a team.
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously with attention to detail and accuracy while adhering to deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Timeliness and accuracy of data entry.
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Demonstrate a high level of professionalism, confidence and ethical standards.
- Strong problem solving and decision-making skills.
- Exceptional work ethic.
- Must respect and maintain confidentiality.
The successful candidate must possess a minimum of three (3) years of experience in development, fundraising, communications and/or event planning/coordination/execution.
- Must be willing to work flexible hours.
- Must submit to a thorough criminal history background check.
- Must have access to a vehicle, possess a valid driver’s license and proof.
Please forward your resume and cover letter to Jane Wagar – firstname.lastname@example.org by no later than Friday, February 16, 2018.