Medical Director for the Child Advocacy and Protection Program
The Department of Pediatrics at the University of Virginia and University Children’s Hospital seeks candidates for a Pediatrician at the rank of Assistant/Associate Professor (tenure eligible or tenure ineligible) to serve as the Medical Director for the Child Advocacy and Protection Program. Our program is rapidly expanding and the incumbent will partner with regional providers, including Foothills Child Advocacy Center, to develop strong relationships to provide comprehensive medical care services to the child victims of abuse in our region. The incumbent will also provide telemedicine services to local and regional partners; medical exams/evaluations; emergency room and inpatient consults and will have an active role in teaching of medical students and residents. Candidates must have an MD and must be board certified in Pediatrics and board eligible in Child Abuse Pediatrics at the time of hire. To be considered for the tenure-eligible position, candidates must have experience in basic or clinical research and a strong interest in a career in academic medicine. The University of Virginia Medical Center and Children’s Hospital (including the new outpatient building) are located adjacent to the main university grounds of the University of Virginia. The University of Virginia is annually ranked as one of the premier public institutions in the United States and is located in Charlottesville, a picturesque small but cosmopolitan city perennially ranked as one of the best places to live in the U.S.
- To apply for the tenure-ineligible position, visit https://jobs.virginia.edu and search on Posting Number 0615242. Complete a Candidate Profile online, attach a cover letter, curriculum vitae and contact information for three references. Position may be eligible to convert to tenure-track at an appropriate time in the future, consistent with SOM Promotion and Tenure guidelines and candidate qualifications.
- To apply for the tenure-eligible position, visit https://jobs.virginia.edu and search on Posting Number 0615240. Complete a Candidate Profile online, attach a cover letter, curriculum vitae, and contact information for three references.
- Position will remain open to applications until filled.
- For additional information about the position please contact Amy Wrentmore, MD, via email at ALW9Q@virginia.edu.
- For further information regarding the application process, please contact, Greg Haskins via email at GPH3Z@hscmail.mcc.virginia.edu or via telephone at (434) 924-2963.
- The University of Virginia is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Women, minorities, veterans and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.