Program Associate, Grants Management
- Please email your resume and cover letter to recruiter (@) nonprofithr.com
- When submitting your application via email, please title the subject line “NCA Prog Assoc Nov 2019”
- Please title all attachments using the following format: “last name, first name – document name NCA” (ex. Doe, John-Resume NCA or Doe, Jane-Cover Letter NCA)
Job Title: Program Associate, Grants Management
FLSA Status Exempt
Reports To: Director Grants Management
Date: November 2019
About the Organization
National Children’s Alliance (NCA) is the national association and accrediting body for Children’s Advocacy Centers (CACs). Formed in 1988, NCA has been providing support, technical assistance, and quality assurance for CACs, while serving as a voice for abused children for more than 25 years.
A Program Associate, Grants Management is responsible for grants management of the NCA pass-through grants. The Program Associate will monitor and provide technical assistance to the recipients of the annual NCA sub-awards.
The position works cooperatively with the staff in the Grants Department, led by the Director of Grants Management.
- Responsible for assisting Children’s Advocacy Centers and Chapters in the grant application process.
- Responsible for providing logistical support for the grant review and award process.
- Responsible for managing grants portfolio and monitoring the grant projects for the full duration of the grant cycle.
- Responsible for the fiscal oversight and close out of the grant year.
- Responsible for conduction of internal audits and preparation for the independent and DOJ audits.
- Other duties as assigned by the Director of Grants Management.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Ability to manage and reconcile grant portfolio.
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- Demonstrated excellence in customer service.
- Positive, solution-focused, problem-solving orientation.
- Ability to appropriately manage sensitive information and situations.
- Ability to work independently while seeking appropriate guidance and feedback.
- Prior knowledge of or work in a Children’s Advocacy Center helpful.
- Detail-oriented with an understanding of quality assurance processes.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively in a team environment.
- Excellent computer skills required (including familiarity with database applications).
- Knowledge of and experience with national associations helpful but not required.
- Strong computer skills- experience with MS Office, strong Excel proficiency required.
- Experience with GIFTS grant management software preferred.
WORK ENVIORNMENT/ PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
- Occasional travel.
- May require lifting of up to 20lbs.