Resource Development and Volunteer Relations Coordinator
The Resource Development and Volunteer Relations Coordinator, with direction from the Executive Director and Board of Directors, will be responsible for support of resource development initiatives to support the acquisition of sufficient and sustainable funding for all of Tu Casa’s services and programs. This is a Full Time Non-Exempt position. Some travel is required. Reports To: Executive Director Key Responsibilities:
- Provide input to the Board Finance Committee and Executive Director on budget projections for revenues.
- Tasked with meeting budgeted projections for individual, corporate, special events, and community/religious organizational gifts.
- Oversight of volunteer relations, including communications, placement, documentation, and background checks, with support from with related program staff.
- Provide Executive Director with current information for monthly Board report.
- Organize two annual fundraisers.
- Maintain and update website and Tu Casa social media with assistance from program staff.
- Manage and maintain consistent media relations with assistance from Executive Director and program staff.
- Update and create agency publications (brochures, outreach materials, pens, etc.) with support from program staff.
- Facilitate donor communications and engagement, including thank you’s/tax receipts; solicitations; in-person meetings; and corporate gifts with support from Executive Director.
- Ensure accurate tracking of gifts in partnership with Bookkeeper.
- Invoice monthly pledge payments.
- Organize and hold monthly Point of Entry (POE) events to engage new donors.
- Recruit and manage event and regular volunteers.
- Maintain ongoing Resource Development Calendar in partnership with the Executive Director.
- Perform other duties as defined and requested by the Executive Director and Board of Directors.
- Maintain client confidentiality as required by Colorado law.
- Minimum of Bachelor’s degree
- Experience in a domestic violence/sexual assault program
- 1 or more years’ experience with resource development for a non-profit organization preferred
- Event planning experience preferred
- Excellent project management skills, particularly multi-tasking
- Strong skills in both independent working environments and working as a team member
- Strong detail orientation. Ability to manage multiple priorities
- Excellent writing skills, particularly press releases and donor communications
- Strong computer skills, especially MS Office, Excel and PowerPoint
- Experience using Joomla, GiftWorks, and social media preferred
- Ability to meet multiple deadlines and shifting priorities with ease
- Flexible hours, e.g. some evenings and weekends
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to work with a diverse group of people.
Application Instructions Please submit a cover letter, resume, and 3 professional references to Jamie, Bogner, LPC, no later than 11:59pm MST on Monday, June 1st at:• Email: firstname.lastname@example.org with “Resource Development and Volunteer Relations Coordinator” in subject line• No phone calls please.• Please follow these instructions to ensure review of your application.