Child & Family Services Supervisor
Eau Claire, WI
This position supervises the delivery of core direct service programming to Community Services clients in the designated area. Services consist of Out of Home Care, Counseling, Child Advocacy Center, and Prevention programming. The Manager oversees day-to-day program operations, quality improvement initiatives, staff development, and program and staff performance monitoring. Maintains the smooth operation of agency functions by acting in a senior role, facilitating decision making and mentoring other staff. The Manager articulates the vision and mission of the Agency internally to team members and externally to customers and funding sources and serves a primary role in community involvement for CHWCS. Collaborates with the Community Services leadership team in determining facilities planning, new programs, and resource allocation.
- Master’s Degree in Social Work or related field.
- Two years supervisory experience required with progressive leadership responsibility. Effective team building, organizational and staff development skills.
- Knowledge of service delivery and program management at a level normally acquired through approximately five years progressively responsible experience in social service delivery and program management.
- Requires a valid driver’s license, acceptable driving record, personal auto liability insurance coverage and the ability to be insured by the CHHS auto insurance carrier.
- Child welfare experience or experience caring for victims of abuse or neglect and their families preferred.
- Experience developing and managing programs, contracts or office. Grant writing experience preferred.
- Previous experience with public/private partnerships and customer interface; demonstrated ability to build collaborative community partnerships.
- Demonstrated knowledge of child welfare laws and regulations.
- Excellent communication and coaching skills to interact effectively with employees, leaders, and administrative staff. Ability to present and speak publicly.
- Demonstrated proficiency in organization, time management, goal and priority setting.
- Demonstrated focus on customer service and continuous quality improvement.
- Demonstrated ability to gather and interpret program information and data. Strong computer skills.
- Demonstrated sensitivity for the feelings and needs of others with the ability to obtain cooperation and participation of individuals and groups.
- Experience working with families of diverse ethnic, cultural & socioeconomic backgrounds strongly preferred.