Job Summary: Children’s Center is a not-for-profit organization providing a safe, child friendly setting for the investigation of child abuse serving 12 Southwest Missouri counties with 4 locations (Joplin, Monett, Butler and Nevada). The Executive Director is the key management leader for the Center and is responsible for overseeing the administration, programs and strategic direction of the organization. Other key duties include development, public and government relations, and community outreach. The position reports directly to the Leadership Committee of the Executive Board.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Report to and work closely with the Executive Board to seek their involvement in policy decisions and financial development and increase the overall visibility of the organization
- Supervise and collaborate with the Center’s staff
- Strategic planning and implementation
- Develop, implement, and oversee the annual budget.
- Serve as the Center’s primary spokesperson to the organization’s constituents, stakeholders, the media and the general public.
- Establish and maintain relationships with various organizations and utilize those relationships to strategically enhance the Center’s Mission
- Engage in fundraising and developing other revenues, including grant writing
- Oversee public relations, marketing and other communication efforts
- Engage in local, state and federal advocacy effort to further the mission of the organization as appropriate
- Oversee the Center’s Executive Board and committee meetings
- Establish, implement and enforce personnel, program, and operating policies and procedures for all functions of the nonprofit in compliance with state, federal and local guidelines
- Review and approve contracts for services.
- Other duties as assigned by the Executive Board
Required Knowledge, Skills and Ability
- A bachelor’s degree in human services or related field with a master’s degree preferred
- Transparent and high integrity leadership
- Five or more years of senior nonprofit management experience
- Experience and skill working with an Executive Board
- High level of strategic thinking and planning. Ability to envision and convey the organization’s strategic future to the staff, board, volunteers and donors
- Knowledge of the child welfare system and strong commitment to the wellbeing of children
- Knowledge of medical/mental health practice guidelines preferred
- Strong Leadership, communication, and organizational skills
- Possess strong interpersonal skills that promote positive interactions with donors, volunteers and the general public
- A bachelor's degree in Human Services or related field with a master’s degree preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point and QuickBooks
- Some travel required.
- Will work some evenings and weekends when events are scheduled. The position is based at our Joplin location.
Mail cover letter, resume, transcript and 3 letters of reference to: Children’s Center of Southwest MO, 1029 E. 7th Street, Joplin, MO 64801, Attention: Executive Director or e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. EEOP. Application deadline February 15, 2021.