About Affiliate Membership Requirements
Affiliate membership is offered to Multidisciplinary Teams (MDTs) that are working to improve services for abused children through a collaborative approach to intervention in communities where all resources may not be available to achieve Accreditation at this time, such as rural and frontier communities. Annual dues are $400 and can be paid here.
What is an Affiliate Member?
Affiliate Members of National Children’s Alliance (NCA) are local MDTs serving children and families in under-resourced areas, where Accreditation might not be currently achievable, but who still wish to improve practices and the quality of services through belonging to the national CAC movement. These MDTs include representatives from at least law enforcement, prosecution, and child welfare agencies of jurisdiction, and may also include victim advocates, mental health and medical providers, and other child-serving professionals who participate in the collaborative team model to serve the whole child and family.
Affiliate Membership Requirements
Affiliate membership is offered to multidisciplinary teams that are working to improve services for abused children through a collaborative approach to intervention. An Affiliate member must provide documentation of the following:
A functioning MDT with representation from Law Enforcement, Child Protective Services, and Prosecution. ( NCA strongly encourages the representation and participation of all disciplines, including Medical, Mental Health and Victim Advocacy);
- A signed interagency agreement and MDT protocols;
- A letter of recommendation from the Chapter in their jurisdiction (if applicable);
- MDT case review which is conducted on a regularly scheduled basis, and attended by all MDT representative disciplines;
- Child forensic interviews are conducted in a neutral and child-focused setting.
Affiliate membership is maintained by remaining current with:
- Payment of annual dues;
- Annual documentation of forensic interviewing process and ongoing MDT case review.