Administrative Assistant – Development
Project Harmony exists to provide effective, immediate and sensitive support to child abuse victims and their non-offending family members. Project Harmony is committed to a vision with a focus on one goal: ending the cycle of child abuse and neglect. Project Harmony is one of the largest Child Advocacy Centers in the nation.
At Project Harmony, we are committed to building a team of dedicated, compassionate professionals who are supportive of our culture:
We are all Project Harmony: Project Harmony exists because of the unique collaboration of community partners, dedicated to ending child abuse and neglect. Our strength lies in our people, their ideas, their differences, their diverse talents and perspectives.
We bring our best everyday: Project Harmony consists of experts, problem solvers and visionaries dedicated to promoting creativity and innovation. We demonstrate personal integrity and maintain a high standard of ethical behavior. Project Harmony is dedicated to fostering a learning environment where all members of the collaborative process can flourish.
When it comes to children, we don’t compromise: Children come first in all that we do. Project Harmony provides a safe place where children have the courage to use their voices – a place where healing begins. Because of Project Harmony’s coordination of care, children entering Project Harmony go from crisis to courage. Our vision reimagines the system to make it work best for all involved, especially the child.
If you are looking for a place where you can make a difference in the life of a child, Project Harmony is looking for you. We are seeking an experienced and committed Administrative Assistant to join our dynamic and innovative organization. This position is responsible for administrative duties supporting the Development staff.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Produce donor acknowledgements and request letters.
- Assist with data entry.
- Maintain the donor database (Raiser’s Edge) to ensure proper accounting of gifts and recognition.
- Assist with meetings and events (e.g., set-up/clean-up, agendas, minutes, registrations, budgets, etc.).
- Maintain guest lists, gather and prepare registration materials and other duties as assigned for fundraising events.
- Assist with writing, editing and graphic design services for the development of website, marketing and fundraising materials and documents.
- Assist in the grant tracking process.
- Create and generate various reports and lists as needed.
- Produce and manage specialized mailing lists and assist with mailings.
- Support staff in assigned project-based work.
- Assist with donations (drop-offs, sorting, acknowledgements, etc.).
- Assist with volunteers.
- Order office supplies and organize work room.
- Support volunteers, schools and staff in preparation for the Annual Art Show.
- Participate in designated program and agency-related meetings on a weekly, monthly or quarterly basis.
- Other duties as assigned by Development Director, Development Specialist and Executive Director.
Education and Training:
- Computer skills and knowledge of relevant software.
- Knowledge of the operation of standard office equipment.
- Knowledge of clerical and administrative procedures and systems such as data entry, filing and recordkeeping.
Required Knowledge and Skills:
- Excellent communications skills (written, verbal and active listening).
- Strong editing skills; meticulous grammar and spelling.
- Strong knowledge and use of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Adobe Creative Suite and preferably Raiser’s Edge.
- Ability to work collaboratively with co-workers, business partners, donors, volunteers, etc.
- Must be a self-starter and able to work independently as well as part of a team.
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously with attention to detail and accuracy while adhering to deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Demonstrate a high level of professionalism, confidence and ethical standards.
- Strong problem solving and decision-making skills.
- Exceptional work ethic.
- Must respect and maintain confidentiality.
Must possess a minimum of 1-2 years of previous professional experience related to administrative duties.
- Must be willing to work flexible hours.
- Must submit to a thorough criminal history background check.
- Must have access to a vehicle, possess a valid driver’s license and proof of insurance.
Please forward your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by no later than Friday, May 11, 2018.