ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION National Children’s Alliance (NCA) is the national association and accrediting body for Children’s Advocacy Centers (CACs). Formed in 1988, NCA has been providing support, technical assistance, and quality assurance for CACs, while serving as a voice for abused children for more than 25 years. POSITION SUMMARY The Program Associate is responsible for grants management for sub-awardees within an assigned region and delivers outstanding grantee support. The position works cooperatively with the staff in the Grants Department, led by the Director of Grants Management. The position is supervised by the Grants Management Coordinator. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS Grant Management
- Responsible for assisting Children’s Advocacy Centers and Chapters in the grant application process.
- Responsible for providing logistical support for the grant review and award process.
- Responsible for managing a regionally- assigned grants portfolio for sub-awardees.
- Responsible for conduction of internal audits and preparation for the independent and DOJ audits.
- Other duties as assigned by the Coordinator and Director of Grants Management.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Minimum 2 years’ experience working in a nonprofit and/or grants setting
- Ability to manage and reconcile grant portfolio.
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- Demonstrated excellence in customer service.
- Positive, solution-focused, problem-solving orientation.
- Ability to appropriately manage sensitive information and situations.
- Ability to work independently while seeking appropriate guidance and feedback.
- Prior knowledge of or work in a Children’s Advocacy Center helpful.
- Detail-oriented with an understanding of quality assurance processes.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively in a team environment.
- Excellent computer skills required (including familiarity with database applications).
- Knowledge of and experience with national associations helpful but not required.
- Strong computer skills- experience with MS Office, strong Excel proficiency required.
- Experience with GIFTS grant management software preferred.
WORK ENVIORNMENT/ PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
- Occasional travel.
- May require lifting of up to 20lbs.
TO APPLY Please refer to the following instructions:
- Please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- When submitting your application via email, please title the subject line “NCA Program Associate”.
- Please title all attachments using the following format: “last name, first initial_ document name NCA” (ex. Doe, J_Resume NCA or Doe, J_Cover Letter NCA).