Administrative Assistant – Operations
Project Harmony exists to provide effective, immediate and sensitive support to child abuse victims and their non-offending family members. Project Harmony is committed to a vision with a focus on one goal: ending the cycle of child abuse and neglect. Project Harmony is one of the largest Child Advocacy Centers in the nation.
At Project Harmony, we are committed to building a team of dedicated, compassionate professionals who are supportive of our culture:
We are all Project Harmony: Project Harmony exists because of the unique collaboration of community partners, dedicated to ending child abuse and neglect. Our strength lies in our people, their ideas, their differences, their diverse talents and perspectives.
We bring our best everyday: Project Harmony consists of experts, problem solvers and visionaries dedicated to promoting creativity and innovation. We demonstrate personal integrity and maintain a high standard of ethical behavior. Project Harmony is dedicated to fostering a learning environment where all members of the collaborative process can flourish.
When it comes to children, we don’t compromise: Children come first in all that we do. Project Harmony provides a safe place where children have the courage to use their voices – a place where healing begins. Because of Project Harmony’s coordination of care, children entering Project Harmony go from crisis to courage. Our vision reimagines the system to make it work best for all involved, especially the child.
If you are looking for a place where you can make a difference in the life of a child, Project Harmony is looking for you. We are seeking an experienced and committed Administrative Assistant – Operations to join our dynamic and innovative organization. This position is responsible for administrative duties supporting Human Resources, Finance and General Operations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Receive and direct vendors and visitors within the Administration Office.
- Assist with Advisory Board and Board of Director meetings and agency events (e.g., set-up/clean-up, agendas, minutes, registrations, budgets, etc.).
- Support staff in assigned project-based work.
- Order office supplies and organize work room.
- Assist with front desk coverage.
- Other duties as assigned by Human Resource Manager, Senior Director of Operations and Executive Director.
- Assist with processing of background checks for employees and volunteers.
- Assemble new hire orientation packets.
- Assemble benefits packets for new employees.
- Assist with Wellness Committee events (e.g., set-up/clean-up, agendas, minutes, registrations, budgets, etc.).
- Conduct periodic audits of personnel records.
- Data entry pertaining to Human Resources as needed.
- Assist phone interview process for job applicants.
- Process incoming mail to identify/process invoices.
- Data entry into accounting software (e.g., invoices, receipts, bank ACH transactions, etc.).
- Reconcile credit card activity.
- File paid invoices and deposits.
- Assist processing of monthly Service League financial reports.
- Track Enrichment Fund activity.
- Order, track and distribute client support gift cards.
Education and Training:
Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Human Resources or Business Administration preferred.
Required Knowledge and Skills:
- Knowledge of clerical and administrative procedures and systems such as filing and recordkeeping.
- Knowledge of the operation of standard office equipment.
- Demonstrate strong organizational and time management skills.
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
- Knowledge and use of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and preferably basic knowledge of accounting software.
- Computer and technical skills using data management and office software products.
- Ability to input data into multiple systems quickly and accurately.
- Excellent written, verbal and listening communications skills.
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions.
- Must be a self-starter and able to work independently as well as part of a team.
- Exceptional work ethic.
- Must respect and maintain confidentiality.
1-3 years of previous professional experience related to administrative duties is required.
- Must be willing to work flexible hours.
- Must submit to a thorough criminal history background check.
- Must have access to a vehicle, possess a valid driver’s license and proof of insurance.
Please forward your resume and cover letter to Jane Wagar – firstname.lastname@example.org by no later than Monday, February 19, 2018.