SUMMARY: The Development/Finance Assistant is an entry level position that provides staff support to both the development and finance departments. The position supports the development department in achieving the goals and objectives with a focus on corporate fundraising and individual giving programs, as well as related prospecting and multi-channel marketing activities, including direct response solicitations. This position will assist with administrative responsibilities associated with the development of proposals, applications and letters of inquiry. In addition to development functions, this position will be responsible for a range of assignments in support the finance department with a variety of daily office operations.ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES will include the following, as well as other duties may be assigned.
- Assist with the, population and maintenance of the donor management system (DMS)
- Assist with logistics and activities related to individual giving programs. • Assist with all aspects of donor solicitation and cultivation including direct response efforts.
- Perform data collection and entry into DMS as required. • Under supervisor’s guidance generate various queries and reports in DMS regarding various giving programs.
- Under supervisor’s guidance perform preliminary prospect research and analysis.
- Prepare, deliver and track donor correspondence including timely gift acknowledgments
- Respond to donor and prospect inquiries as required.
- Maintenance of department master files of grant agreements, correspondence and other corporate documents related to grant seeking
- Assist with administration and compliance of existing development agreements.
- Provide support for Leadership Conference and related development activities, such as update of exhibitor/advertiser prospectus, solicitation of exhibitors, execution and maintenance of exhibitor/advertiser agreements, and ensuring proper on-site logistics and acknowledgement of supporters
- Provide planning and logistical support in the execution of the annual fundraising appeals ( typically includes year end, mid-year, and corporate appeal)
- Assist with upgrade, population and maintenance of the Support page and subpages of the NCA Website and other development related communications such as newsletter articles, fundraising brochures and other announcements
- Provide support and customer service to internal program staff related to development and finance projects.
- Provide support and customer service to NCA members and volunteers • Scanning invoices twice a week for finance department • Process incoming checks on a daily basis, endorse and secure
- Conduct quarterly reconciliation of DMS donation records with the bookkeeper
- Scan monthly timesheets and leave slips on a monthly basis
- Prepare postage meter report on monthly basis
- Other duties as assigned by finance department
- Procurement, coordination and oversight of office suppliers, service providers and utilities
- Coordinating internal customer service for office systems such telecommunications, IT, website etc
- Internal event management and meeting planning, i.e. retreats/planning days, staff lunches etc..
- Reception and dissemination of mail coming into office and management of central office voicemail system.
- Serve as an engaged and involved team member, supportive of the varied experiences, and perspectives of internal and external colleagues.
- Support and actively build an office culture dedicated to superior customer service that exceeds member and colleagues expectations.
- Work within the team and among teams to ensure that decisions are made to further the organization’s goals. QUALIFICATIONS • Background/interest in fundraising and/or development preferred.
- Excellent team work and interpersonal skills.
- Basic business math skills required.
- Ability to multi-task and flexibility in shifting priorities based on changing work needs.
- Organized, detail oriented, with strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be able to work collaboratively in a team and work independently.
- Experience working with fundraising and prospect management databases (E-Tapestry preferred).
- Proficiency in using Microsoft Office Suite, particularly Word and Excel
- Experience working with email communications platforms such as Constant Contact, My Emma etc.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited four-year college or university.
- 1-2 years work experience in a professional work environment
- 1 year experience working in a non-profit and/or fundraising setting preferred.
Please forward your cover letter, current resume, salary requirements, brief writing sample and references by e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.orgClosing date is December 31, 2015.