National Children’s Alliance (NCA) is the national association and accrediting body for Children’s Advocacy Centers (CACs). Formed in 1988, NCA has been providing support, technical assistance, and quality assurance for CACs, while serving as a voice for abused children for more than 25 years.
The Senior Accountant position is responsible for reviewing and coding all American Express receipts in accounts payable and other payables as needed. Preparing all accounts receivable invoices for membership, accreditation, NCAtrak, Leadership Conference, and miscellaneous reimbursements, plus monthly collection emails and calls. Code and post all cash receipts from online payment processers and review information for accuracy; and maintain accounting records. Maintain online timesheet system and process payroll bi-monthly. Work is performed by applying knowledge of accounting terminology and using spreadsheets and/or automated accounting systems. This position reports to the Controller and will ensure that financial records, files and ledgers are accurate. An understanding of GAAP accounting principles and information technology is an important skillset for this position.
• Prepare accounts receivable invoices and take necessary steps to obtain prompt payment.
• Monitor accounts receivable collections and prepare aging reports for department heads.
• Post ACH deposits from outside sources (PayPal, other credit card processing systems) and provide monthly reports to CFO and ED for review
• Reconcile, post, and manage all company credit cards, which include ensuring expense compliance with internal financial reporting guideline and obtaining all the receipts.
• Manage online electronic time card system.
• Prepare payroll bi-monthly and maintain all records in the third-party payroll provider system (i.e. setup new employees, state tax setup, terminations, deductions)
• Assist Controller with audit preparation
• Review and approve remote deposit
• Review and approve invoice allocations
• Assist with monthly closing of the financials, monthly management reports and other supplemental information
• Monthly assets accounts reconciliation.
• Update and maintain accounting records as assigned
• Assist accounting department with related work as assigned
• Provide backup support for Accounts Payable and Finance Assistant when that person is away from the office
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED
• Bachelor’s degree or minimum 5 years’ similar experience
• Demonstrated experience working in nonprofit accrual accounting
• Good written and oral communication skills
• Demonstrated understanding of basic accounting principles
• Positive and solution-focused with demonstrated problem-solving skills
• Excellent organization skills
• Great attention to detail
• Ability to multi-task
WORK ENVIORNMENT/ PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
• Role is primarily sedentary
• May require lifting of up to 20 lbs.
• Please email your resume and cover letter to recruiter (@) nonprofithr.com
• When submitting your application via email, please title the subject line “NCA Sr Accountant July 2019”
• Please title all attachments using the following format: “last name, first name_ document name NCA” (ex. Doe, John-Resume NCA or Doe, Jane-Cover Letter NCA)